Welcome to the James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund Information Center, your one-stop shop for information, policy, procedures and forms.
James R. Hoffa became a Teamster member in 1934 and served as General President for 14 years, and, in recognition of his tireless service to the union and its members, was honored as General President Emeritus for life. At the November 1999 General Executive Board meeting, then-General Secretary-Treasurer C. Thomas Keegel presented a resolution to establish the new scholarship fund. This site describes the James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund (JRHMSF) and outlines eligibility requirements and application procedures.
The James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund is an independent organization established and registered as a tax-exempt entity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Fund is established solely to provide scholarships to the child or financially dependent grandchild of a member of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, and contributions to the Fund are deductible as charitable contributions to the extent permitted by law.
2017 Academic Year Scholarship Application
Feel free to contact the Local at 905-760-0209 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Application deadline is March 31, 2017
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Applicants Must:
1. Be the son, daughter or financial dependent (this does not include spouses) of a Teamster member (hereafter also referred to as
2. Be in his/her last year of high school and may not apply if he/she has already graduated from high school;
3. Be in the top 15% of his/her high school class;
4. Plan to submit excellent SAT or ACT scores for evaluation (U.S. only);
5. Plan to attend an accredited four-year college or university within the United States or Canada, as a full-time student. Those